Search the Forum

go
Adding a short throw shifter? Questions

Adding a short throw shifter? Questions

Vehicle: 2006 Ford Mustang GT
jackers
newcomer

The other night I drove a mustang with a short throw shifter and it was so much nicer than stock. Anyone have any experience with them? I am mechanically inclined just havent done a lot of work on my mustang and wondering if its complicated? Any advice on a brand name also? Thanks

dax_stang
newcomer

You shouldnt have any trouble installing the shifter, you may need to get underneath the car so some jack stands would be needed, but regular tools and your good. As for brand MGW is a top notch product. Seems like an easy job.

2007 Mustang GT
Vehicle: 2011 Kia Optima
ride_002000
administrator

You shouldnt have any trouble installing the shifter, you may need to get underneath the car so some jack stands would be needed, but regular tools and your good. As for brand MGW is a top notch product. Seems like an easy job.

+1 for MGW, a lot of people suggest it. Alittle pricey for my taste but if the quality is up to par, it may be worth it.

smokin_g35
newcomer

Hurst is always a good choice, get that vintage racing look with new technology. Guess it depends on what style your going for with your stang. Steeda is also a popular shifter. Good luck with the install.

Login to reply