Search the Forum

go
Ticking noise coming from motor...Need help

Ticking noise coming from motor...Need help

Vehicle: 2005 Ford F-150
theDunst
newcomer

Hope someone can help me out with a noise from my 2005 f150 FX4. It has the 5.4L triton and have always been up to date on all oil changes using the recommended oil and filter and recently there has been a ticking noise. Sounds almost like a diesel truck, its getting that loud. Has anyone had this problem before? or know what it could be? Thanks

Vehicle: 2006 Ford Mustang GT
jackers
newcomer

Most likely its the cam phasers, they end up going bad and make a ticking noise. Its pretty common in the 04, 05, & some 06 f150's. Its an expensive repair too.

Vehicle: 2011 Kia Optima
ride_002000
administrator

I had the same thing wrong with my 05 f150 a few years back. It is expensive, but I had it covered under my powertrain warranty. I have heard a lot of people have had this problem. This one stealership tried to tell me it wasnt the cam phaser cuz they didnt want to fix it, but went to another and they said it was exactly that and they fixed it. It did start to tick slightly after that but ended up selling the truck.

spectre2008
newcomer

I have a 2008 fx4 and havent had any issues, runs smooth and no ticking. Hope you get it cleared up. Any update?

Vehicle: 2005 Ford F-150
theDunst
newcomer

Sorry I havent updated, been busy with the holidays. But I took the truck in and the dealership said it was indeed the cam phasers and it would cost $2500 to fix. They said i could hold off alittle bit but should get it fixed soon. Now just need to save up some cash. Thanks for the help guys.

Login to reply