If you do not agree with these Terms, do not use or access the Site. It is your responsibility to check to determine if any changes to the Terms have taken place.
RideFix is designed to allow people to view, edit, and add information related to vehicles and transportation. All information is accessible by the public and editable by registered users. This information is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice.
If you are trying to determine what is wrong with your vehicle, using the Diagnose Car Problems Interface (also referred to as the Doctor), or other portions of the Site, keep in mind it is meant for informational purposes. Users are to consult an automotive expert to determine what is actually wrong.
Information comes from and is edited by the community, so there may be factual errors at times. Such disputes are intended to be resolved by the community.
Some information may be uneditable at times. We have selected a very small amount of information to remain under our control because we feel its permanence is necessary to the integrity of some portions of the Site. These uneditable portions mainly include Introductions to Problem Articles in CarPedia, that are directly tied to the Diagnose Car Problems Interface. We do allow most of the portions of the Articles to be edited, but we restrict what We feel are the most crucial elements to maintain the general, informative nature of the Site.
Disclaimer of Warranties
CUSTOMER AGREES TO USE ALL RIDEFIX'S SERVICES AND EQUIPMENT, AND ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH OR FROM RIDEFIX, AT CUSTOMER'S OWN RISK. CUSTOMER ACKNOWLEDGES AND UNDERSTANDS THAT NEITHER RIDEFIX, NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, REPRESENTATIVES, AGENTS OR THE LIKE, WARRANT THAT THE SERVICES OFFERED OR PROVIDED HEREUNDER WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, NOR DO THEY MAKE ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE OR AS TO THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OR CONTENT OF ANY INFORMATION, SERVICE OR MERCHANDISE CONTAINED IN OR PROVIDED THROUGH THE SERVICE, UNLESS OTHERWISE EXPRESSLY STATED IN THIS AGREEMENT. RIDEFIX SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Submission of Content
There are a variety of areas where users may submit information for public viewing on the Site.
We expect users to be courteous and helpful if at all possible. By submitting any content, information, text, images, or other types of digital media to RideFix, you agree to each of the following:
- all information is true to the best of your knowledge.
- you will not engage in illegal conduct or post any content that is: malicious, harmful, hateful, libelous, tortious, defamatory, obscene, invasive of another person's privacy, vulgar, knowingly untrue, off topic from the article, tutorial, or forum post, in violation of local, state, federal or international law, in violation of a third party's copyrights or intellectual property, or in advocacy towards a particular automotive company, repair or service shop, part or product unless doing so would make a post impossible (e.g. writing about Ford Motor Company).
- you own or have the right to distribute the copyright to any and all text, images, or videos posted.
- you own or have the right to distribute any summary, previously printed block of text, quotations, or other writings found in other places and other forms (e.g. books, websites, magazines).
- you will cite external sources when appropriate.
By submitting information to the public areas of the Site, you agree to give RideFix.com, LLC and its Community an unlimited right to produce, replicate, edit, alter, or redistribute royalty-free personal non-commercial copies of all submitted materials. You retain copyrights, and do not release them into the public domain. However, you agree to allow RideFix.com, LLC and the community it serves the right to view, edit and use for informative purposes. You grant RideFix.com, LLC the ability to use all information within the bounds of the Site itself, including all public areas and other features and locations linked through the domain RideFix. You agree to allow third parties to post information so long as RideFix is cited as the source, and/or linked back to RideFix.
By submitting a Forum post, you agree that:
- your request will be made public, along with your user name and a thumbnail of your profile picture.
- you will not transmit any harmful, obscene, vulgar, hateful, racially, religiously, or ethnically motivated, harassing, or otherwise improper messages.
- the message is public and can be read by any and all community members and the general public.
- Any images submitted are relevant to the post and do not contain vulgarities, obscenities, or improper content.
- You allow RideFix to edit submitted content as we see fit.
We respect the rights of creators of content and wish to protect those rights. If you feel any of your copyrights have been violated by the unauthorized posting of another user, please inform Us immediately, providing the following:
- The location of the potentially infringing material.
- A detailed description of the material.
- Your contact information, including name, address, phone number, and email address.
- Reasonable proof of copyright ownership.
We shall do what we can to protect the rights of users and the public. To contact Us regarding a copyright violation, please let Us know by contacting email@example.com.
Users above the age of thirteen (13) are allowed to create a profile. If you are under 13, you may not register to use any service on this Site. Privacy settings are controlled solely by the user, with reasonable defaults in place by Us.
Please use caution with the information you elect to show. Pictures and User Names (defaulted as RideFixer) will be displayed for postings you make in public areas. Keep personal information out of your picture, or at least what you do not mind showing the public.
Please be courteous when interacting with other users. The same rules apply to User-User interaction that apply to Reference Postings under the Submission of Content.
Abuse of User Conduct may result in suspension of rights and privileges on the Site. Continued abuse may result in termination of account.
Service Provider Profiles
RideFix allows automotive service providers to create a profile detailing their business. These profiles are independently created and responsible for their own content and actions. RideFix is not responsible for the actions of any service provider listed, and is excluded from any claims arising from the use of the Site.
RideFix is a third party and:
- makes no endorsement of any single service provider or franchise.
- does not guarantee the services listed, or coupons provided.
- does not guarantee any work, estimates, promises, specials, or any other information, service, part or warranty by any service provider.
- is excluded from any legal action you may decide to take against any service provider after finding a provider through RideFix.
Service providers are not permitted to post content linking to or naming themselves in public areas, such as Forums, unless doing so is essential to a post.
Service providers are not permitted to send unsolicited email or messages through any RideFix service. If you have received, or continue to receive unsolicited emails from a specific service provider through a RideFix Service, please let Us know by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
External Links and Content
Alterations, Additions and Modifications
Thank you for using RideFix.