Search the Forum

go
Thinking of buying a 2005 cadillac CTS, any advice

Thinking of buying a 2005 cadillac CTS, any advice

spectre2008
newcomer

Im thinking of buying a 2005 Cadillac CTS for my wife. Seems like a good car and she really likes the looks of them. Anything I should look for? Any known problems? Thanks

Vehicle: 2007 Cadillac CTS
caddy2007
newcomer

I have a 2007 CTS, its been an ok car. They can have some issues such as the HVAC gears can become unaligned and start to grind since the CTS has climate control. Heard it can be reprogrammed and should solve the issue. They do tend to burn oil too, you will either need to add oil between changes or get your oil changed sooner. Cadillac did send out a recall to recalibrate the oil percentage countdown but it doesnt fix the burning oil problem. Good luck with the purchase.

Vehicle: 2011 Kia Optima
ride_002000
administrator

I have had two CTS's, a 2004 and a 2007. The 2004 was a fun car I customized it a lot and ended up trading it in for a truck within 6 months, not because it was a bad car just was young and didnt think about the winters in michigan so I upgraded. Both of them did burn oil and you had to keep an eye on it or it would be super low when you went to get an oil change, especially if you waited a couple hundred miles after it was due to get it done. My 2007 was a POS, I had the grinding in the dash like caddy2007 stated above and it was annoying, went to the dealer and they said they could reprogram it but he didnt think it would have fixed it and suggested I replace it. I didnt want to spend the money so I just waited and ended up trading it in for my current vehicle.

Heres a pic of my 2004 for your viewing pleasure.

Vehicle: 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee
auggie2006
newcomer

Nice Car! My husband used to have a CTS, I didnt really like driving it that much. Was scary for me in the winter since its rear wheel drive but was comfortable and was a smooth ride. Good luck, post pics if you buy one.

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Larado
RideFixer
newcomer

I have had one CTS's, a 2004

Cheap DVDs for Sale

RideFixer
newcomer

cool car, i think she will love it.

www.zentaiway.com
Login to reply